Assertive New Bern Attorneys Provide Complete Family Law Service
Divorce and family law firm responds to your concerns
Whether you are anticipating the joys of adoption or experiencing the frustrations of divorce, you need a capable, assertive attorney by your side when facing important family issues. The lawyers at the Carolina Law Group provide reliable, detailed advice and advocate strongly for your rights on a wide range of family law matters. Our dedicated attorneys work tirelessly to obtain outcomes that protect you and your children and advance your goals for a more secure future.
Determined legal support on all issues related to divorce
Divorce is seldom easy, so if you’re having a hard time dealing with the emotional, practical, and legal aspects of your divorce, you are certainly not alone. Fortunately, when you retain one of our accomplished attorneys for your divorce, you get capable and determined representation for all your related issues, which can include:
- Alimony — Divorce should not lead to financial crises for either spouse. Our attorneys will help you obtain the spousal support order you deserve, based on your true circumstances, so you can continue to live as you did during your marriage.
- Child custody and visitation — Our divorce attorneys advocate for your parental rights so you can maintain a loving relationship with your children and safeguard their well-being. We are adept at negotiating creative child custody plans that fit your family’s precise circumstances.
- Child support — Parents share the responsibility of supporting their child. Our attorneys advocate for a fair division of financial support between the parents so that the child can have a healthy, happy upbringing.
- Child support modification and enforcement — Child support payments do not change unless the court modifies the child support order. If either you or the other parent experiences a significant change in circumstances, our attorneys can guide you through the proper legal procedures to modify your child support payments accordingly.
- Division of marital property — North Carolina is an equitable distribution state, which means spouses may keep their separate property but must divide marital property in a manner that is fair, though not necessarily equal. We raise pertinent facts with the court to assert your property rights and obtain the best property settlement possible.
- Mediation — This cooperative process puts control over decisions back in your hands and can often provide more expedient, predictable results than trial. Our skilled negotiators can help you obtain a less costly and less stressful divorce settlement through mediation.
Through mediation or litigation, our divorce law firm fights for your rights to get the best possible settlement or judgment.
Responsive counsel for all nondivorce family law issues
The Carolina Law Group also assists clients with various family law matters that are not part of a divorce process. These include:
- Adoption — The legal impediments you may encounter during the adoption process can turn your joyous occasion into a nightmare. However, with sound advice from experienced adoption counsel, you can avoid legal pitfalls. Our family law attorneys assist with a range of adoption processes, such as agency adoptions, open adoptions, foster child adoptions; stepparent, sibling and grandparent adoptions; and even international adoptions. We are scrupulous about the legal details, so you can feel secure about your legal status as your child’s parent.
- Juvenile delinquency and dependency proceedings — When state authorities interfere with your parental rights, you need a zealous advocate who understands how to cut the bureaucratic red tape. We are skilled at maneuvering through the complex laws of North Carolina to protect your parental rights.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Love can blind you to the potential for financial loss if the marriage fails. We expect the unexpected and draft agreements that protect both spouses’ financial interests.
For these and other family law matters, you can trust an accomplished and assured attorney from our North Carolina law firm.
Contact our zealous New Bern attorneys for complete family law services
The attorneys at the Carolina Law Group in New Bern are experienced in all family law matters and prepared to assert your rights. Call us at 252-636-3737 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with a family law attorney.