Knowledgeable Beaufort Attorneys Handle Family Law Issues
Highly professional representation from experienced and concerned lawyers
Family issues can be stressful, but hiring a qualified attorney can ease your burden and help you achieve a favorable result. At the Carolina Law Group in Beaufort, we understand the importance of knowledgeable counsel and determined advocacy. Our attorneys maintain the highest ethical standards, which includes the utmost discretion with family law matters. Whether you are going through a divorce, hoping to adopt or need assistance for a youth within the juvenile justice system, we can explain the relevant legal standards and how they apply to your situation. When you retain us for your family law matter, you get a dedicated legal team, determined to resolve your issues on the best possible terms.
Types of family law cases our Beaufort attorneys handle
Family law matters that our firm typically handles include:
- Adoption — Our attorneys oversee all types of domestic adoptions, including open adoptions, agency adoptions, foster care adoptions and stepparent adoptions. We help ensure compliance with North Carolina’s adoption requirements, as well as the rules associated with other jurisdictions that might be involved, so you can have confidence that when the placement is final, your parental rights are secure.
- Prenuptial agreements — We counsel clients who are contemplating marriage on the best way to negotiate a marital agreement that secures their property rights and will stand up to any court challenge.
- Juvenile delinquency — Drawing on our extensive criminal defense background, our attorneys provide staunch representation for youth in the juvenile justice system. Our firm advises youths and parents on alternatives to detention and work tirelessly for resolutions that put accused juvenile offenders back on the right track.
- Termination of parental rights — Our family lawyers represent clients who want to terminate the rights of an abusive or neglectful parent. We also defend the parental rights of clients who are accused of being unfit.
We also provide representation for parents engaged in matters involving Child Protective Services of Carteret County.
Trustworthy representation for divorce and related issues
It’s never easy to end a marriage, but an experienced attorney can help safeguard your interests while you go through this life change. Our attorneys help guide you toward a secure future by capably managing legal issues related to your divorce, including:
- Alimony — Whether you expect to pay or hope to receive spousal support, we can make a compelling case to the court based on the factors set forth in North Carolina law.
- Child custody and visitation — During a turbulent time, it is vital to focus on your children’s welfare. We work to develop custody and visitation arrangements that help you to maintain a close relationship through a parenting plan that upholds your rights and serves their best interests.
- Child support — Both parents have a duty to provide for their child financially. We work to help parents secure child support orders that accurately reflect the parties’ income information and meet their children’s needs.
- Division of property — North Carolina is an equitable distribution state. This means that if a divorcing couple cannot agree on property division terms, the judge divides the marital estate based on what he or she thinks is fair. The value does not have to be split equally between spouses.
- Alimony — If one party provided most or all of a household’s income, we can assist with alimony negotiations and argue for a suitable spousal support resolution in court, if necessary.
After your divorce is final, we remain available to assist with any post-decree modifications that might be necessary to custody, visitation, child support or spousal support terms.
Contact a concerned family law attorney in Beaufort, NC
Carolina Law Group advises North Carolina residents on a wide range of family law matters. To speak with a knowledgeable attorney, please call 252-672-2059 or contact us online. Our Beaufort office is conveniently located at 214 Pollock Street.