North Carolina Family Law Attorneys Provide Comprehensive Counsel
Lawyers in New Bern and Morehead City responds to your concerns
Whether you are anticipating the joys of adoption or experiencing the frustrations of divorce, you need a capable, assertive attorney by your side when facing important family law issues. The lawyers at the Carolina Law Group provide reliable, detailed advice and advocate strongly for your rights on a wide range of matters. Our dedicated attorneys work tirelessly to obtain outcomes that protect you and your children and advance your interests and objectives.
Determined legal advocates handle a full range of issues related to divorce
Divorce is seldom easy, so if you’re having a hard time dealing with the emotional, practical and legal aspects of your divorce, you are not alone. Fortunately, when you retain one of our accomplished attorneys for your divorce, you get capable and determined representation for all your related issues, which can include:
- Alimony — Divorce should not lead to financial crises for either spouse. Our family law attorneys will focus on the factors North Carolina judges must examine when deciding if spousal support should be awarded, such as the duration of the marriage, the earning power of each spouse and the couple’s standard of living. We represent spouses who seek an alimony award as well as those who are being asked to make payments. Whatever side you’re on, we’ll bring the true circumstances to the court’s attention and work toward a proper result.
- Child custody and visitation — Our divorce attorneys advocate for your parental rights so you can maintain a loving relationship with your children and safeguard their well-being. We are adept at negotiating creative child custody plans that fit your family’s precise circumstances.
- Child support — Parents share the responsibility of supporting their children. Our attorneys advocate for a fair division of financial support between the parents so that the children can have a healthy, happy upbringing.
- Child support modification and enforcement — Our attorneys can guide you through the proper legal procedures to modify your child support payments if either you or the other parent experiences a significant change in circumstances. Events that can justify an adjustment include a change in income, revisions to physical custody arrangements and developments that alter a child’s needs.
- Division of marital property — North Carolina is an equitable distribution state, which means spouses may keep their separate property but must divide marital property in a manner that is fair, though not necessarily equal. By thoroughly reviewing all relevant aspects of your portfolio and that of your spouse, we’ll create a sound and appropriate arrangement for property division. When necessary, our lawyers will raise pertinent facts with the court to help you secure the best settlement possible.
- Mediation — This cooperative process puts control over decisions back in your hands and can often provide more expedient, predictable results than a trial. If you and your partner have young children, successful mediation can serve as a cornerstone for positive communication going forward. Even if significant conflicts exist, our skilled negotiators can often help clients reduce cost and stress through this process.
Through mediation or litigation, our divorce law firm fights for your right to get the best possible settlement or judgment.
Speak to a Dedicated North Carolina Family Law Lawyer
Call 252-636-3737 to schedule your consultation and meet at the office nearest you.
Proven firm advises on adoption, marital agreements and delinquency issues
In addition to matrimonial litigation, our firm assists clients with domestic concerns involving:
- Adoption — The legal impediments you may encounter during the adoption process can turn your joyous occasion into a nightmare. However, with sound advice from experienced counsel, you can avoid legal pitfalls. Our family law attorneys assist with a range of processes, such as agency adoption, open adoption, foster child adoption, international adoption and stepparent, sibling and grandparent adoption. We are scrupulous about legal details, so you can feel secure about your legal status as your child’s parent.
- Juvenile delinquency and dependency proceedings — When state authorities interfere with your parental rights, you need a zealous advocate who understands how to cut bureaucratic red tape. We are skilled at maneuvering through complex North Carolina law to protect your parental rights and obtain results that encourage positive growth.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Love can blind you to the potential for financial loss if the marriage fails. We expect the unexpected, drafting agreements that protect both spouses’ financial interests. Our knowledge, experience and respect for your concerns foster a spirit of cooperative communication and produce a document that both parties can find acceptable.
For these and other family law matters, you can trust an accomplished and assured attorney from our North Carolina law firm.
Contact a zealous North Carolina attorney for complete family law services
The attorneys at the Carolina Law Group are experienced in all family law matters and prepared to assert your rights. Call us at 252-636-3737 or contact us online to schedule a consultation at our New Bern or Morehead City locations.